sábado, 2 de agosto de 2014

If I Stay

A few years ago I read a book that I had love. To take advantage of the coming release of its movie in August I decide to write about it in this occasion. So this blog will help those who are looking for a good book to read and also those who are thinking about go watch the movie but that aren’t too convinced yet. As you can see by the blog title the book is called If I Stay, it is written by Gayle Forman. I hope you enjoy it!


Summary

While in a coma Mia has a series of flashbacks in which she remember small and great memories with her family and friends. These flashbacks are a great help for the reader to meet the secondary characters in the story. In the first chapter of the book Mia ​​realizes that her parents have died in the tragic car accident and his little brother is in a serious condition and is being treated at another hospital. 

Although Mia realizes what has happened, knows that she and her family suffered a serious car accident and that her parents are dead she feels a little confused about her state because she can see her body in a coma in a hospital bed but his soul can travel throughout the building. Mia wonders how this is possible, she wondered whether she really has the power to decide if die and possibly return to her parents or stay and care for her younger brother Teddy. While all this happens a group of family and friends are going gathering in the waiting room of the hospital. Later in the book Mia ​​hears that his brother Teddy had not could resist and died in the hospital where he was.

At this point of the story Mia gets desperate and thinks that maybe die is the best option for her. One of the most important visits to Mia in the hospital is the one of her grandfather, he tells her that no matter what decision she makes, he is going to accept and understand, but she should be aware that she still has a family, friends and a great future waiting for her. At the end of the story Mia receives the second visit of her boyfriend Adam who realizes she has lost a lot and no one can fill those empty spaces but also makes her think about the great future that lies ahead, the dreams that she have not reached yet and the experiences that she needs to live. Adam puts headphones in the ears of the body in coma of Mia and with the great music that has kept them together during great experiences of life, Mia took the decision.


Opinion/Reflection

How I ran into this book?

I ran into this book casually when I was buying another one online in a web page, the title and cover caught my attention so I decided to find out more about what it was about. I decided to buy it and read it because I found very interesting its prologue also its reviews were good.

What’s my favorite thing about it?

In general I enjoyed  the book, but one of the things I liked most was the ability of the author to introduce the reader into the story, while I was reading I was going deeper and deeper into the story of Mia I could feel her emotions as if they were really mine. I loved that the book has a very special way of making you reflect what would be your decision if you were in the big difficult situation of having to choose as did Mia.

Did I recommend it? Why?

I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good book to read and learn from. I recommend it because it is a good book that will cause a sea of ​​emotions, you will laugh, cry, get impress, also you will reflect and furthermore it has small and great lessons.

What had I learned from it?

After reading this book I learned that life is full of choices and no matter the size of these, whether they are simple or complex, because they give us all a great lesson and help us to understand better the life in one way or another. I also learned that even when we feel that all is lost there will always be a special person willing to help and stay by our side.

Trailer

Here I left you the trailer of it out coming movie:






Want to know what does Mia choose? Comment below and I will tell you. :s I just don’t want to  write it on this blog because some people don’t want to know the end of a movie/book before read it or watch it. Have you read it? Comment below! Are you going to watch the movie? Comment below! Ok ok the point is I want to know your opinion and be in contact with you buddies! Thanks for reading! <3

2 comentarios: