lunes, 25 de agosto de 2014

Why fear solitude?

It's been a while since I was thinking in writing something new but rather my "lack of time" or my LAZINESS haven't let me. Today I'm making the most of this free period on school to share something with you.

I'm a person who when there's no "good" company around prefer to hang out alone than with people I barely know or for some kind of reason simply don't want to spend  my time with. Some people think I'm weird for that and to be honest I had never understand their fear to spent sometime alone. So somehow I was on an app I had downloaded a few months ago and I read something that caught my attention. It was a quote by Mary Sarton, an American poet, novelist and memoirist. (I just have looked at few lines of her biography right now, before that I don't have any idea of who she was.) Anyways, the quote says "Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self." At the beginning I don't understand it but thanks god this words where underneath as an explanation by the author of the app: "Many of us have been conditioned to find being alone with the self frightening or unpleasant. This is often because in quiet and lack of distraction the voices in our heads are loud, distressing, and unavoidable. As we learn to appreciate and enjoy who we truly are, rather than fearing the person the voices project we are, we begin to crave alone time with that person we love." And there's somehow the explanation to my always pounding interrogation.
Awesome isn't it?

                                                                                           A BIG psychological hug, RM.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario