lunes, 27 de octubre de 2014

The amazing "Rock N' Roller Coaster"



        So, last week my english teacher give my group a task. We had to wrote an essay of a memory. I decided to write it about my experience through one of the most amazing attractions at Walt Disney World Orlando, FL. The machine is named "Rock N' Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith". I liked the outcome of the essay so I decided to share it here with all of you. I hope you like it.


The amazing “Rock N’ Roller Coaster”


      Walt Disney World is a well-known place to build memories and makes one’s special dream came true. Almost everybody has desire to meet their favorite character of Disney. Others just want to enjoy the famous attractions of the park. Some of them go at night-time to enjoy the awesome fireworks show at the end of the day. It doesn’t matter the reason why you want to be there because you are assured you will have a great and unforgettable time.

      As soon as I saw the name of the “Rock N’ Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith” on the map of the Hollywood Studios park I knew it would be our first attraction. When mom and I arrived to the machine, the line was long. When we noticed that the other line called “Single Rider” was shorter we moved toward it without knowing why the “Single Rider” was different. After a while we realized that when a single-rider line is in use, empty seats on the ride vehicles are filled using individuals from the line. So, mom and I wouldn’t be together on the same ride. We were even more nervous by then.

      The “Rock N’ Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith” is an enclosed steel roller coaster. After a while, when we enter the building there was a room like a music recording studio. Behind the glass, there were some kind of projections of the members of Aerosmith. They were talking and saying that they were late for a concert. Lead singer Steven Tyler expressed regret at being forced to leave the band's fans and requested backstage passes for all of us. The manager of the band summons a "super stretch" limo, to carry us to the concert and direct us outside.

      As soon as we got out of the recording studio we passed through an alley into a parking garage. In there we waited in line. A few minutes later it was my turn. I was nervous, excited, and a little scared because I wouldn’t ride in the “limo” with mom. After loading passengers, the "limo" stopped at the entrance to a tunnel. Music was playing and an overhead variable message sign displayed a series of several different messages until a countdown. Then the car went from 0 to 92 km/h in like 2 seconds and I started to scream very loud. It was dark inside, and suddenly the car was upside-down and I was screaming even louder.

      The ride was amazing, the car made a lot of different inversions at a super high speed. As I said, it was dark but sometimes I glimpsed different street signals. The music was really loud and coordinated with the moves of the ride. Finally, when the ride ended the limo arrived at Aerosmith's concert backstage, letting us off onto a red carpet. I thought that mom was behind the limo but she wasn’t. I was starting to panic after a couple of minutes. But when the other group arrived there was mom. When we met the first thing she said was “That ride was awesome!” and indeed, it was.

A BIG psychological hug, R.M.

4 comentarios: